The purpose of your research:
Your research is to determine if the value of Qatar’s import of food from other GCC countries (KSA, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman) depends on Qatar’s GDP, the GDP of the trading partners, and the distance between Qatar and each of the trading partners. In summary, you will estimate a Gravity Model of Trade for Qatar’s food trade with other GCC countries.
1. Use the United Nation’s Comtrade database to download Qatar’s annual food imports from GCC member countries from 2000 to 2014. Use the BEC classification and select option 1 for “food and beverages.”
2. You will be able to download GDP values for all countries from the World Bank.
3. You will collect data on road distance between Qatar (Doha) and capital cities in GCC member countries from the web. Useful sources include http://geobytes.com/CityDistanceTool/.
4. You will estimate multiple regression equations, with the value of food imports as the dependent variable, and (i) GDP of Qatar, (ii) GDP of other GCC member countries and (iii) distance between Qatar and other GCC countries as independent variables.
5. a. Present your original output as is.
b. Reorganize and submit your parameter estimates in a Table format.
c. Explain your results .
d. Attach your data to your report.
Pre-Written Pages: 4
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.