Watch “Majora Carter: Greening the ghetto” on TED Talks (http://www.ted.com/talks/majora_carter_s_tale_of_urban_renewal.html ). Identify TWO problems in Chapter 12, which are also described by Majora Carter as part of her experience. Explain the problems and how Majora Carter’s story exemplifies those problems.
Poor housing, poor schools and high crime tend to be concentrated in central cities
While some solutions are individual, many are interrelated
• Great Depression of the 1930s
• Inadequate housing widespread
• Government intervention needed
• Four Housing Goals of New Deal
• Government funding for new housing
• Foreclosure assistance for some of the 500,000 families
• FHA (Federal Housing Authority) guaranteed construction loans
• PWA (Public Works Administration) hired unemployed to build low-rent public housing (1938)
• 1940 Census: 40% housing had a serious defect
• WWII stalled housing market
Pre-Written Pages: 275
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.