Readings and Viewing: Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. The Century of Self: The Happiness Machine (public opinion and public relations) video. Everything will either be attached or a link will be given.
Be sure that you respond to the entire question.
1. After reading text material and viewing Edward Bernays and Public Relations, explain the nature of public relations. Discuss public relations as a form of propaganda and/or persuasion. In your answer you must integrate material from the documentary.
2. Study the theories in Chapter 4 and the generalizations about propaganda and persuasion effects at the end of the Chapter. Your task is to link or correlate the theories with each of the five generalizations. In other words, which theories support and illustrate each generalization? For example, the first generalization is
“communication effects are the greatest when the message is in line with relevance, existing opinions, beliefs and disposition of the receivers.” Which specific theories (e.g., consistency theory) support this first generalization? You may present your answers as a table followed by an explanation of the relationships shown in the table.
3. Based on the typologies of propaganda techniques, appeals, fallacies, intent signals and errors select five (5 from across all the typologies) that you think are most significant for understanding contemporary propaganda. Second, explain why the many (not just your selections) techniques, appeals, fallacies, intent signals and errors are the core or basis of propaganda.
4. Carefully review Jowett and O’Donnell’s generalizations in Chapter
8. Identify one of the generalizations you think is most important or revealing for understanding the nature of propaganda. Explain why you selected that particular generalization using course material. Provide a well supported and clear rationale for your choice.
Pre-Written Pages: 4
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.