1. A firm based in Washington State wants to export a shipload of finished lumber to the Philippines. The would-be importer cannot get sufficient credit from domestic sources to pay for shipment, but insists that the finished lumber can quickly be resold in the Philippines for a profit. Outline the steps that the exporter should take to effect the export of this shipment to the Philippines.
2. An alternative to using a letter of credit is export credit insurance. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using export credit insurance as opposed to a letter of credit for (a) exporting a luxury yacht from California to Canada, and (b) exporting machine tools from New York to Ukraine?
3. Reread the Management Focus on Philips in China then answer the following questions:
4. What are the major benefits to Philips of shifting so much of its global production to China?
5. What are the risks associated with a heavy concentration of manufacturing assets in China?
6. Please introduce a relevant current events story from the news, provide a link to the story, a proper citation and your comments, summary or interpretation of the story and its relevance to our studies this week. note: ( this is a discussion board so no need to be lengthy just short brief answer)
Pre-Written Pages: 1
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.