MT3: E-Commerce Distribution Channels Discussion TopicAmazon is the world’s largest e-commerce company while Walmart is the undisputed world’s largest retailer.The distribution channels that these behemoths employed were distinctly different in the past (clicks vs. bricks) but are now starting to merge. Amazon is rapidly building a network of distribution centers across the country and many observers believe their ultimate goal is to provide home delivery to consumers the same day that it is ordered. Walmart is expanding its e-commerce capabilities and leveraging a world-class supply chain system and enormous retail store presence with the goal
of making products ordered online available for pick-up by consumers at the closest Walmart store on the day it is ordered.
• Which approach do you believe will be the most successful?
• Can Amazon pull off same-day delivery across the nation (not just select urban markets)?
• Will Amazon overtake Walmart as the world’s largest retailer (they still have a long way to go)?Support your response with research. Assignment 2 ( 2 pages) Personal Application
Discussion Topic[As in Week 7 if your organization does not have any
Distribution function then you are free to choose any other organization that you are familiar with for this week’s PA assignment]
• Describe the organization’s channel design. • Does the company utilize Integrated Logistics Systems?
• How would the following Channel Margins learning tool from the Harvard Business School be useful for your organization?
•K-K, C17 Designing, and Managing Integrated Marketing Channels
•K-K, C18 Managing Retailing, Wholesaling, and Logistics
Pre-Written Pages: 5
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.