You will write a country analysis research paper (6-8 pages) that synthesizes information from primary and secondary sources and evaluates how that country’s current political, social and economic conditions have been shaped by historic events. It should answer the following question: What two or three historical factors of the last century have most directly affected the current situation in your
What two or three historical factors of the last century have most directly affected the current situation in your country? This is persuasive essay in which you need a clear argument that you are making and defending. In other words, there is no one answer to this question. You will need to decide what factors YOU think are most important, state them clearly in your thesis statement, then provide evidence to support your claims.In thinking about how you will write your paper, you may want to consider the following questions: 1. What were the conditions in your country on the eve of
1. What were the conditions in your country on the eve of WWI? 2. When/how did your country
2. When/how did your country achieved independence (if at all)?
3.What were some of the major events of the post-independence era? 4.What major grievances (if any) were expressed during popular protests
4.What major grievances (if any) were expressed during popular protests that have emerged over the last five years? How has the government dealt with them? 5. Since most Middle Eastern countries have a “youth bulge,” what major concerns of the youth (25 years old and under) in
5. Since most Middle Eastern countries have a “youth bulge,” what major concerns of the youth (25 years old and under) in your country have affected its current situation?
Logistics: Also be sure to upload your paper to the D2L dropbox before class.Format: Times New Roman 12 font, double-spaced, one-inch margins all around, no cover pageCitations: MLA in-text citation style; include a properly formatted Works Cited pageSources: At least three scholarly sources (not including the Anderson textbook) AND at least three news sources that discuss recent events.SourcesFirst, be sure to read carefully the relevant passages in your Anderson textbook. Then, consult the Bibliography at the back of her book and read the books/articles that seem most relevant.Sources for coverage of recent uprisings and youth culture include:http://www.jadaliyya.com/ http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/home.html Also search www.news.google.com using keywords such as “Algerian youth,” “young Omanis” or “Lebanon protests”NOTE: While Wikipedia is often the first place people turn to in order to learn about a new topic, DO NOT RELY on it for accurate information. Experts find a lot of inaccuracies in Wikipedia entries, and despite its claims of neutrality, politically biased statements are found throughout.
1) Write an outline of your paper. Make sure that you have an introductory paragraph, a clear thesis, evidence supporting your thesis, and a conclusion that summarizes your thesis.
2) State your thesis statement up front (no later than the bottom of the first page). You don’t have space for a lengthy introduction and background. You need to get to the point quickly.
3) Be sure you have an arguable thesis statement. It should read something like: “The current situation in [country] can be attributed in large part to [a], [b], and [c].
4) Be sure to include a title, ideally one that reflects your thesis argument.
5) Be sure to proofread your work.
6) Don’t wait until the last minute—great ideas develop over time.
7) I am interested in your ideas, not those of other people.
Pre-Written Pages: 6
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.