Commentary and Evaluation (for Lovecraft story and your own chosen
• Describe Lovecraft inspired Adaptation screenplay, and the
Affiliation adaptation in the opening paragraph.
• Don’t write more than 4 lines to describe each screenplay.
• Describe your intentions with the Lovecraft screenplay – how you
went about the adaptation process – what you left out, and what you
included – what part of the story/stories did you choose to
• Talk about Carver and his approach to plot and character. You might
mention Robert Altman’s Short Cuts at this point
• Talk about Lovecraft and his very different gothic fantastical
approach story telling. You might mention the difficulties of adapting
Lovecraft and the overblown attempts.
• Talk about the Affiliation adaptation (examine from the same
perspective as the Carver/Lovecraft
• Discuss the original story and how it lends itself to adaptation –
discuss the problems you encountered, and mention what drew you to
this particular story..
• You must include at least two quotes from relevant texts.
• See the preface to the Carver stories – Robert Altman talking about
adapting the stories that comprise Short Cuts;
• (Please see; Altman, Robert, and Barhydt, Frank (1994) Short Cuts
Screenplay. USA, Capra Press). And
• (Carver, Raymond (1995) Short Cuts The Harvill Press. London)
Pre-Written Pages: 2
*Please note down the Number of Pages & Order Topic before place the Pre-Written Order
*Please note that pre-written orders are previously submitted orders by students and tutors. They are not plagiarism-free and should only be used for reference or better understanding of the topic.
If you require newly written order then please select custom order. We guarantee that the completed custom order will be free of plagiarism.